MetaMask serves as a gateway to Decentralised Finance (DeFi) for different blockchains.
In MetaMask you can create wallets for multiple blockchains (coins) or import your existing wallets using your public key. This public key can be used to import your transaction data into a Blockpit wallet depot.
The following blockchain imports are currently available:
If you have connected your Ethereum Wallet to MetaMask, you can use your Ethereum Public Key to automatically import your MetaMask transaction data into your Blockpit Wallet Depot by following the instructions below:
- Log into your MetaMask wallet and copy your Ethereum Public Key.
In order to import your data, you must first create a Depot.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Now select Wallet and choose the asset Ethereum.
- Now, name your Depot and paste the Ethereum Public Key you copied earlier.
- Confirm your entries by clicking on Create. Your transactions will now be automatically imported into your Depot via your public key.
- You can repeat this process for data imports of following blockchains by creating additional Blockpit Wallet Depots:
Tip: If you use DeFi protocols that are not yet supported, your transactions will be imported as unlinked deposits and withdrawals. For the time being, these open deposits and withdrawals can be manually extended into an Unsynced Depot according to the following instructions.
- All transaction data of Blockchains (Coins) that are not yet listed as automated Wallet Depot Import have to be imported manually into a separate Unsynced Depot.
To do so, create one or more Unsynced Depots and enter your transactions solo or upload them collectively via the Blockpit Excel Template.