If your exchange or wallet is not yet available as an automatic Depot Import in the Blockpit WebApp, you can download the transaction history provided by your exchange or wallet (usually as a CSV or XLS file) to migrate it into our generic Excel template in the next step.
These instructions describe how to use the Generic Blockpit Excel Template for importing data into Blockpit Depots.
How to migrate CSV Daten of my Exchange or Wallet into Blockpit's Excel Template?
- Click the top menu item on Create New.
- Now select Import CSV or Excel.
- Now a new window appears. Select Generic and Get Template to download the CSV/Excel Template.
- Open the file with Google Spreadsheets or Microsoft Excel and insert your transaction data into the Blockpit Template according to the given sample transactions.
If you want to structure your CSV/Excel data into several columns, this Excel Guide & Google Sheets Guide can help you!
Important: Please use UTC timestamps for your transactions and "," as a decimal separator.
Tip: The Blockpit template allows the import of transactions into different Depots (depot_name) within one upload. In addition, transactions can be linked in advance by their ID as shown in line 14.
Note: It is also possible to use CSV instead of Excel files in the generic import. However, we strongly recommend our Excel template. If you prefer the CSV format, please make sure to use the following formatting: Date & Time: DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM:SS, Decimal Separator: dot "." and Column Separator: comma ","
In the image below as well as in the template, all mandatory fields that have to be filled are shown for each transaction type (English names only). However, the columns exchange_name, fee_asset, fee_amount, note & linked_transaction can also be left empty.
For the correct consideration and values to be entered in respect of fees, please follow the instructions for the relevant transaction type.
Now upload the file you have filled using the button Drop your file here or select a CSV or Excel by selecting or dragging the file into the window.
- If all fields are filled in correctly, the uploaded file will be displayed in the next step and you can click the Next ... button.
- At this point, you get the opportunity to check the found Depots and Assets. In case of discrepancies, please select Assets or Depots and click on the Import Transactions button.
If your Asset or Depot is not selectable, you can always contact our support staff by sending a ticket.
- If the file does not contain any errors, the transactions will be imported into your deposits. Otherwise, you will receive appropriate error messages.
For the depot-based CSV data direct import in Exchange Depots (Bitcoin.de & Coinfinity) other instructions apply.