How do I get my Bybit API key?
- Log into your Bybit account.
- Hover over the user icon, in the upper-right corner, to display the drop-down menu and select "API".
- Then select "Create New Key".
- Select the "API Transaction" box and enter a unique name for your API Key.
- Do not use IP whitelisting.
- Grant the API key permissions "Orders", "Positions", "Trade", "Account Transfer", and "Subaccount Transfer" as shown in the image below and enable strictly the "Read-Only" option.
- Click on "Confirm" and enter your Google Authenticator password.
- To import your data, you must first create an
To do so, click + Integration in the upper navigation.
in the .
- Select Bybit from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Your API key will have to be renewed every 3 months. You can edit the Integration and renew your API key there. When using Bybit subaccounts, each subaccount must be imported into a separate Blockpit Integration. To do this, you must create a new Blockpit Integration using a special subaccount API key (Subaccount → API Management → Set permissions according to Figure 2).
Which data can be imported via Bybit API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify products that have not yet been implemented and either add them to your Integration manually or via a CSV export:
Classic Account: Spot Market Trades older than 365 days are not available via API and have to be imported manually or via XLS template.
Unified Account: Spot and Derivative Trades older than 720 days (2 years) are not available via API and have to be imported manually or via XLS template.
Crypto Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Leverage Token Trades
Derivative Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee and Funding)
If transactions from your earning history are missing, you can help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Deposits & Withdrawals (between Main- & Subaccount)
Deposits and withdrawals between Bybit main and subaccounts cannot be fetched via the API and have to be added manually! (Bybit does not yet provide these internal transfers via API endpoints)
Fiat Deposits & Withdrawals
Buy Crypto (Express, P2P)*
Copy Trading (PnL)
Bybit does not provide data for delisted assets and trading pairs via API.
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
You can find delisted assets under the following link in the menu item "Delistings".
Search the transaction history of your exchange for delisted assets or trading pairs and make a comparison with all CSV files provided by your exchange.
Then add the missing transactions to your Blockpit integration, either one by one or aggregated batch:
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.