How do I get my FTX Exchange API key?
FTX shut down their API on 11.11.2022. Existing data will remain in Blockpit, but no new data can be imported at the moment. We recommend to not delete old Integrations.
- Log into your FTX account.
- Click on the profile button in the upper-right corner and select "API".
- Then select "CREATE READ-ONLY API KEY".
- To import your data, you must first create an Integration in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Add and select Add Integration.
- Select FTX from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
- Now select "Close" on FTX, leave the API restrictions set to "Read-only" and disable "Withdrawals enabled" and "Internal transfers enabled".
- Do not use IP whitelisting.
When using FTX subaccounts, each subaccount must be imported into a separate Blockpit Integration. Therefore, you have to create a new Blockpit Integrationby using your subaccount API key.
When creating subaccounts on the FTX platform, no special characters or spaces should be used in the subaccount name.
Valid example: "SecondAccount"
Which data can be imported via FTX Exchange API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify products that have not yet been implemented and either add them to your Integration manually or via a CSV export:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Leverage Token Trades
PnL for Futures Trades (Profit, Loss, Fee, and Funding)
Reward & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Bounties, Hardforks)
Margin Trades & Borrows
(missing Borrow transactions due to incomplete API on exchange side - Missing History Issues should be cleared by manually created deposits).
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Deactivated due to FTX shutdown
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.