You create automatic Exchange Depots by entering the API key and secret once. Afterwards, your transactions are automatically imported into your Blockpit Depot.
In this video, we show you how to create an Exchange Depot:
- In the WebApp create a Depot, by clicking on “Create New” and select “Add Depot”.
- You can choose between “Exchange”, “Wallet” and “Unsynced” (i.e., manual input).
- Select “Exchange” and then an exchange from the list.
If you could not find your exchange in the list, the automatic import is not yet available. In this case, you will need to import your data into an Unsynced Depot, following our instructions.
- Name your new Depot.
- To get your API key and secret, follow the instructions for your specific exchange.
- Copy them into the input fields in the window for creating a new Depot.
Tip: Keep “First Transaction” as the default start date. Selecting a specific start date only makes sense if you want to add transactions that are before the start date manually.
- Finally, click the button “Create Depot” to save your new Depot.
Info: The asset balance of your new account should be the first thing you see.
The import of all transactions can take up to a few hours.