For deposits that are directly connected to an exchange, you only need to enter your API key and the associated secret once to receive your transactions fully automatically.
In this video, we show you how to create an API depot:
Go to the web app.
Create a Depot, by clicking on Create New and select Add Depot.
- When creating a new Depot you can choose between Exchange, Wallet, and Unsynced (i.e. manual input). Select Exchange if you are looking to import data via API access.
- For example, select an exchange from the list to import data using an API key.
If you could not find your exchange in the list, the automatic import is not yet available for this exchange. In this case, you will need to import your data into an unsynced depot using our instructions.
- Name your new depot.
- To import data via API access to your new Depot, you need the API key and secret from your exchange account (Guide for API import). Please follow the instructions in the tool to get your key and secret.
- After receiving the API key and the secret, copy them into the input fields in the window for creating a new Depot.
Tip: Keep "First Transaction" as the default start date. Selecting a specific start date only makes sense if you want to add transactions that are before the start date manually.
- Finally, click the button "Create Depot" to save your new Depot.
Info: The asset balance of your new account should be the first thing you see.
The import of API transactions can take up to a few hours.