How do I get my Coinbase Pro Exchange API key?
- Log into your Coinbase Pro (GDAX) account.
- Click on the profile button in the upper-right corner and select "API".
- Now click on "+ New API Key".
- Grant the API key permissions "View" and use "blockpit" as passphrase.
- Please do not use IP whitelisting.
- Now finish by selecting "Create API Key".
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select Coinbase Pro from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Important: Deposits and Withdrawals to and from external exchanges or wallets (Depots) will always be rooted over your Coinbase Broker Depot and therefore have to be linked accordingly. We recommend manual linking instead of auto-linking of transactions related to Coinbase Pro. Furthermore, please be aware that multiple deposits or withdrawals in such cases can have identical timestamps that could also lead to linking loops. Please edit these timestamps by some seconds to create a chronological working order flow.
Which data can be imported via Coinbase Pro API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
- Asset Balance Display:
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are not displayed or are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.