Coinbase Pro has been moved to Coinbase Advanced Trading and is now directly integrated into Coinbase. It is therefore unfortunately no longer possible to create new API keys for Coinbase Pro or to use existing API keys.
All contents of this article remain relevant for existing Coinbase Pro Integrations or newly created manual Integrations. We also recommend not deleting existing Coinbase Pro Integrations and downloading a backup copy of the transaction history.
This transaction history can then be migrated into the Blockpit XLS Template and uploaded to a manual Integration: How do I import my CSV/Excel history?
How do I get my Coinbase Pro Exchange API key?
- Log into your Coinbase Pro (GDAX) account.
- Click on the profile button in the upper-right corner and select "API".
- Now click on "+ New API Key".
- Grant the API key permissions "View" and use "blockpit" as passphrase.
- Please do not use IP whitelisting.
- Now finish by selecting "Create API Key".
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create an
To do so, click + Integration in the upper navigation.
in the .
- Select Coinbase Pro from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Deposits and Withdrawals to and from external exchanges or wallets (Integrations) will always be rooted over your Coinbase Broker Integration and therefore have to be merged accordingly. We recommend manual merging of transactions related to Coinbase Pro. Furthermore, please be aware that multiple Unlabeled Deposits or Withdrawals in such cases can have identical timestamps that could also lead to "Transaction-Loop" Tips. Please edit these timestamps by some seconds to create a chronological working order flow.
Which data can be imported via Coinbase Pro API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.