How do I get my Bitpanda API key?
- Log in to your Bitpanda account.
- Click on your User (Foto).
- Click on API Key.
- Under Application Name, give the key a unique name.
- Please leave the expiry date field empty!
- Select "Trading", "Transactions" and "Balance" (these are read-only rights).
Note: These are all read-only permissions.
- Click on Generate new API key.
- You will receive an E-Mail for confirmation.
- Click on "Confirm", via Pop-up your private API-key is shown.
- Click on Copy and make sure you save the newly created private API key, since you won't be able to access it again.
- Your newly created API key will appear at Active API keys.
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select Bitpanda from the list of exchanges and then copy the API key into the designated field. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Which data can be imported via Bitpanda API key?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Complete import scope
All Deposits & Withdrawals
All Trades & Swaps
BEST Fee Payments
BEST Reward Distributions
BEST Instant Trade Bonus
Bitpanda Crypto Index
Bitpanda Leveraged Tokens
Bitpanda Card Payments & Cashbacks
Staking Reward Distributions (currently not available via API - Endpoint planned by Bitpanda)
Bounty Reward Distributions
Thanks to our partnership with Bitpanda, it is always possible to automatically import the entirety of your transaction history via API. In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
- Asset Balance Display:
Assets that are in Staking will temporarily (until unstaked or until a corresponding API endpoint is provided by Bitpanda) not be shown in the asset balance display of your Blockpit Depot. However, this has no impact on the tax report, as Bitpanda Depot does not internally pass any outflows (transactions).Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are not displayed or are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.