Bitpanda partners with Blockpit.
How do I get my Bitpanda API key?
- Log in to your Bitpanda account from your web browser.
- Click on your User Profile Symbol (Panda) in the upper right corner.
- Click on API Key.
- Under Application Name, give the key a unique name.
- Please leave the expiry date field empty!
- Select "Trading", "Transactions" and "Balance" (these are read-only rights).
Note: These are all read-only permissions.
- Click on Generate new API key.
- You will receive an E-Mail for confirmation.
- Click on "Confirm", via Pop-up your private API-key is shown.
- Click on Copy and make sure you save the newly created private API key, since you won't be able to access it again.
- Your newly created API key will appear at Active API keys.
- To import your data, you must first create an Integration in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Add and select Add Integration.
- Select Bitpanda from the list of exchanges and then copy the API key into the designated field. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Which data can be imported via Bitpanda API key?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Alle Einzahlungen & Auszahlungen
Alle Trades & Swaps
BEST Gebühren Zahlungen
BEST Reward Distributions
BEST Instant Trade Bonus
Bitpanda Leverage Tokens
Bitpanda Card Payments & Cashbacks
Bitpanda Cash Plus
Bounty Reward Distributions
Bitpanda Crypto Index
Staking Reward Distributions
(currently not available via API - Endpoint planned by Bitpanda - Transaction have to be added manually for now - Export your Bitpanda CSV/Excel history and enter all Staking Reward transactions into the Blockpit Template and import it into your Bitpanda Integration)
You can find your Staking Reward transactions under the menu item "History".
Missing transactions can be identified from the CSV file you get by exporting your Bitpanda transaction history, and the easiest way to transfer them is as follows.
Use the filter function in the corresponding column to search for "reward".
Then load the edited Blockpit - Manual Import Template into your integration.
If this process is too complicated, you can also add each individual rewards transaction manually.
Thanks to our partnership with Bitpanda, it is always possible to automatically import the entirety of your transaction history via API (Temporary exception: Staking Rewards). In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Assets that are in Staking will temporarily (until unstaked or until a corresponding API endpoint is provided by Bitpanda) not be shown in the Synced Balance of your Blockpit Integration. This can trigger the Issue: Mismatched Balance. The "Reconcile Balances" function should not be used in this exceptional case!
BCI (Bitpanda Crypto Index)
If a BCI product is held and thus displayed in the asset balance display (Synced Balance) of your Blockpit integration, the Issue: Mismatched Balance will currently always be triggered for the BCI as well as for assets contained in the BCI. You can completely ignore these Issues for the time being, as all transactions are correctly imported via API! The Issue will also disappear as soon as no BCI product is sold and therefor no longer displayed in the Synced Balance. The "Reconcile Balances" function should not be used in this exceptional case!
Giveaway Reward Distributions
(Some Giveaway Rewards are imported as Trade: Fiat to Crypto. This may result in minimal mismatched fiat balances. You can manually add an inflow with the label "Non-Taxable" just before the Trade to adjust the balance).
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.