How do I get my Coinbase API key?
- Log into your Coinbase account.
- Now click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner and select Settings.
- Then in the navigation bar, click on API.
- Make sure that you are using the latest API version. If your key is not up-to-date, select "upgrade".
- Click on +New API key and enter your 2-step verification code.
- In the Account section, select "all" and activate the following "read" permissions:
- Confirm your entries by clicking on Create.
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create an Integration in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Add and select Add Integration.
- Select Coinbase from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields.
- Before you finish the Blockpit setup, make sure to activate your API key in Coinbase.
Therefore, click on Enable in the API key list and enter the verification code you received via email, followed by Verify.
- To finish, confirm your entries in Blockpit by clicking Create.
When creating API keys on Coinbase, API secrets are often not displayed properly. This problem can be avoided by using other internet browsers.
Which data can be imported via Coinbase API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify products that have not yet been implemented and either add them to your Integration manually or via a CSV export:
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Fee Payments (no longer supported by Coinbase due to API changes on 30.11.2023 - We recommend not to delete existing older integrations, otherwise previously correctly imported fees for older transactions will be lost)
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.