How do I get my Phemex API key?
- Log in to your Phemex account.
- Click on the user icon, in the upper-right corner, to display the drop-down menu and select "API Management".
- Now select "Create new API key" and confirm with "Next".
- Enter a name for your API key and grant the permissions "Don't Bind" and "Read-Only" as shown in the image below.
- Now finish by clicking "Confirm" and enter the verification code that has been sent to you.
- Your API key and Secret are now visible and will only be available once to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select Phemex from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking "Already recorded and saved" to finish.
Important: When using Phemex-subaccounts, each subaccount must be imported into a separate Blockpit depot. Therefore, you have to create a new Blockpit depot by using your subaccount API key.
Which data can be imported via Phemex API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
PnL for Derivatives Trades (Profit, Loss, Fee und Funding)
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.Credit Card Purchases / SEPA Purchases (OTC)
Eaning Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Hardforks)
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
If balances are not or incorrectly displayed, you can help our support team via ticket to include them in our API import scope.