How do I get my OKX API key?
- Log in to your OKX account.
- Go to the user icon, in the upper-right corner, to display the drop-down menu and select "API".
- Now select "+Create V5 API key" and enter a name for your API key.
- Important: Enter "Blockp!t1" as the passphrase.
- Grant the API key permissions "Read".
- Please do not use IP whitelisting for now.
- Now finish by selecting "Confirm".
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select OKX from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Essential: OKX only provides the transaction history of the last 3 months via API! We recommend that you do not delete your OKX depot after the first creation. This will ensure a consistent transaction history, at least for future transactions. For the import of your missing transaction history, a migration of your OKEx CSV data into the Blockpit template is necessary for the time being.
Which data can be imported via OKX API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Derivate Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee and Funding)
Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Bounties, Hardforks)
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.Margin Trades
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
Complete import scope
If balances are not or incorrectly displayed, you can help our support team via ticket to include them in our API import scope and thereby implement them for you.