How do I get my Gate.io API key?
- Log in to your Gate.io account.
- Hover over the user icon, in the upper right corner, to display the drop-down menu and select "API Management".
- Then navigate to "APIv4 Keys" in the left navigation menu.
- Now select "+Create New API Key".
- Grant the API key permissions "Spot/Margin Trade", "Perpetual Contract", "Delivery Contract", "Wallet", and "Withdraw" as shown in the image below and enable strictly the "Read Only" option.
- Please, do not use IP whitelisting for now.
- Now finish by selecting "Confirm & Create".
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- In order to import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select Gate.io from the list of exchanges and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Which data can be imported via Gate.io API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Derivate Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee und Funding)
Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Bounties, Hardforks)
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.NFT Trades
You can find missing transactions by clicking on the corresponding product link in the list above and adding them to your Gate.io Depot manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
Complete import scope
If balances are not or incorrectly displayed, you can help our support team via ticket to include them in our API import scope and thereby implement them for you.