How do I get my Gate.io API key?
- Log in to your Gate.io account.
- Hover over the user icon, in the upper-right corner, to display the drop-down menu and select "API Management".
- In the next step, select "Create API key".
- You can now enter blockpit API Remark.
Note the settings based on this image, do not use IP whitelisting for now:
- Grant the API key permissions listed in the image, and be sure to enable strictly the "Read Only" option.
- Click on "Submit", confirm the message in the next step and enter the necessary activation codes.
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the next step.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create an Integration in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Add and select Add Integration.
- Select Gate.io from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Your API key will have to be renewed every 3 months. You can edit the Integration and renew your API key there.
Which data can be imported via Gate.io API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Leverage Token Trades
Futures Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee and Funding)
Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Bounties, Hard Forks)
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.