How do I get my Bybit API key?
- Log into your Bybit account.
- Hover over the user icon, in the upper-right corner, to display the drop-down menu and select "API".
- Then select "Create New Key".
- Select the "API Transaction" box and enter a unique name for your API Key.
- Do not use IP whitelisting.
- Grant the API key permissions "Orders", "Positions", "Trade", "Account Transfer", and "Subaccount Transfer" as shown in the image below and enable strictly the "Read-Only" option.
- Click on "Confirm" and enter your Google Authenticator password.
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select Bybit from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Bybit API Keys must be renewed every 3 months. We are already working on a feature to renew the API key of your Bybit depot. Thank you for your patience.
Important: When using Bybit subaccounts, each subaccount must be imported into a separate Blockpit depot. To do this, you must create a new Blockpit depot using a special subaccount API key (Subaccount -> API Management -> Set permissions according to Figure 2).
Note: Deposits and withdrawals between Bybit main and subaccounts cannot be fetched via the API and have to be added manually!
(Bybit does not yet provide these internal transfers via API endpoints).
Which data can be imported via Bybit API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify products that have not yet been implemented and either add them to your Depot manually or via a CSV export:
Deposits & Withdrawals (inconsistencies between External & Main account)
Spot Market Trades
PnL for Derivate Trades (Profit, Loss, Fee and Funding)
If transactions from your earning history are missing, you can help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.Flexible Staking Rewards
Mining & Launchpool Rewards
Buy Crypto (Express, P2P) (unverified)
Deposits & Withdrawals (between Main- & Subaccount)
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
Spot Wallet (Incomplete due to maintenance of API endpoints by Bybit)
If balances are not or incorrectly displayed, you can help our support team via ticket to include them in our API import scope.