Under the menu item Transactions as well as Reports, Blockpit shows you if errors or warnings were found in your tax calculation. To ensure that the current errors and warnings are displayed, a recalculation of the tax reports should be triggered first. During the recalculation of your tax report, all errors and warnings found will already be listed on the reports page. You can either edit affected transactions directly on the Reports page or use the filter options illustrated below on the Transactions page to optimise your transaction history:
- Error or Warning found
For details about the error message/warning, please click on the button Show.
- Unlinked transactions found
To get details about the error message/warning, please click on the button Link now. For example, there are two Depots, each with deposit and withdrawal that match each other? These can easily be linked together. Use the automatic or manual link.
- No problems
After you have fixed all errors, a message will appear indicating that there are no problems.
What do the warnings mean?
In most cases, the warnings mean a withdrawal somewhere without a corresponding opposite deposit or insufficient asset holdings on the account in advance. A tax calculation is still possible, but you may have forgotten to enter data or categorize transactions correctly.
The following options are available to resolve a warning successfully:
- There are two Depots each with deposit and withdrawal which match each other? These can easily be linked together.
- There exists a deposit, which was actually an airdrop, gift, staking reward or similar? This transaction can be processed and converted to the correct transaction type.
- There is a withdrawal, which was actually a gift, payment transaction (e.g. for hardware, delivery service etc.)? This transaction can be processed and converted to the correct transaction type.
- Insufficient asset holdings are an indication of gaps in the transaction history. In this case, the missing transactions (mostly incoming transactions) must be detected and added to the depot manually.