If you receive coins or tokens as a gift, the speculative period starts with the date on which the sender purchased the coins or tokens. In Blockpit, you only need to specify the quantity and currency of the gift, as the purchase price for the gift is assumed to be zero. If you give Bitcoin & Co. as a gift yourself, this is not a tax-relevant transaction.
- In your desired Depot, click the button Add Transaction.
- Under "Transaction Type", choose "Gift received" or "Gift sent", respectively.
- Enter the date and time of the transaction.
Important: if you received a gift, please use the date on which the sender purchased the coins or tokens. The holding period begins with the date of acquisition of the donor.
If you sent a gift, use the date on which you sent it. Under "fees paid", please enter the applicable transaction fee.
- Enter the currency and the quantity of the gift. In the input field for the currency, you can either choose from the drop-down list or enter a currency manually if it does not appear in the list.
- You can choose to add a note. Notes can be helpful to sort trades into categories. You can also indicate that the transaction is to be ignored in the balance.
- Click Save to display the transaction in the Depot.