How do I get my Kraken API key?
- Log into your Kraken/Kraken Pro account.
- Kraken: Click in the top-right corner on your profile symbol and select Security flowed by Create API Key. Now you will be requested to Go to Kraken Pro.
Kraken Pro: Click in the top-right corner on your profile symbol and select Settings.
- Navigate to the API section and click on Create API Key.
- Now enter a name for your API key and only grant the API key permissions "Query Ledger Entries", "Query Open Orders & Trades", "Query Closed Orders & Trades", "Query Funds" and "Export Data" as shown in the image below.
- Do not use IP whitelisting for now.
- Now finish by selecting Generate key and entering your 2FA code.
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create an Integration in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Add and select Add Integration.
- Select Kraken from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking Create.
Which data can be imported via Kraken API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Internal transfers from Parachain Auctions are imported as unlabeled Deposits and Withdrawals and must be excluded manually)
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.