- Log into your HitBTC account.
- Now click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner and select Settings.
- Then in the navigation bar, click on API keys followed by New API key.
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Select HitBtc from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Before you finish the Blockpit setup, make sure to follow step 7 & 8 first.
Now close the popup on HitBTC by clicking on "I Understand!".
Grant the API key permissions "Order book, History, Trading balance" and "Payment information" shown in the image below.
- To finish, confirm your entries in Blockpit by clicking Create.
Which data can be imported via HitBtc API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify products that have not yet been implemented and either add them to your Depot manually or via a CSV export:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Trades & Converts
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.
Futures Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee and Funding)
Earning Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Bounties, Hardforks)
Credit Card Purchases
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are not displayed or are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.