The transaction type Lending is used to record incoming assets (Lending Rewards) in your depot.
How do I create a Lending Reward?
- Open your Blockpit Account and click the top menu item on Create New.
- Now select Add Transaction.
- Now choose the appropriate Depot and the transaction type Lending.
- Enter the date and time of the transaction and confirm with Continue.
In case of a manually created transaction directly in the WebApp, use your local time.
If the transaction is imported via CSV/Excel, use the standard exchange time UTC.
- Now enter the quantity and currency for the incoming asset. If you paid fees, enter them with quantity and currency as well.
Tip: In the input fields for the currencies, you can enter the short name (BTC) or long name (Bitcoin) as a search term to narrow down the search of the displayed list. If your asset is not selectable, you can get more information here.
- Finally, click Create to complete the process and display the transaction in the Depot.
Note: If a Lending Reward is created as a manual transaction in an Unsynced Depot, it will have a direct impact on the displayed asset balance of your depot.
If a Lending Reward in an Exchange or Wallet Depot is created as a manual transaction, it will not directly affect the automatically and independently imported asset balance of your depot, but it will affect the final balance of your tax report.
How are fees considered in Lending Rewards?
Example: Lending Reward of 0.001 BTC with 0.0001 BTC fee.
Fees are mostly considered on the withdrawal side, but can also occur on deposits.
Fees, if paid in the incoming asset, will be considered as follows:
- Case1: No additional fee on the deposit side.
Incoming Amount: Net transaction amount (amount excluding fees)
Fee Amount: Enter nothing or 0
- Case2: Additional fee on the deposit side.
"If the fee is paid in the incoming currency, the inflow must be increased by the amount of the fee. The fee is treated as a separate outflow."
Incoming Amount: net transaction amount (amount excluding fees) + deposit fee
Fee Amount: Enter deposit fee separately