If you receive an airdrop without any service in return, this amounts to a tax-free gift. If the airdrop requests a service in return (e.g. advertising on Twitter), the airdrop is taxable as income from other services. In Austria, the tax-free limit is 220 euros per year.
- In your desired Depot, click Add Transaction.
- Under "Transaction Type", choose "Airdrop".
- Enter the date and time of the transaction. Please use the date on which you received the coins or tokens in your wallet.
- Enter the currency and the quantity of the coin you received. In the input field for the currency, you can either choose from the drop-down list or enter a currency manually if it does not appear in the list.
- You can choose to add a note. Notes can be helpful to sort trades into categories. You can also indicate that the transaction is to be ignored in the balance.
- Click Save to display the transaction in the Depot.