How do I get my KuCoin API key?
- Log in to your KuCoin account.
- Click on the profile button in the upper-right corner and select "API Management".
- Now click on "Create API".
- Important: Enter a name for your API key and "blockpit" as passphrase.
- Grant only the "General" API key permission, as shown in the image below.
- Also select "No" for IP restriction.
- Now click "Next" and confirm with your trading, e-mail and 2FA codes and activate your API key.
- Your API key and Secret are now visible in the API-List.
Your Secret is now shown only once and available to copy!
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on "Create New" and select "Add Depot".
- Select KuCoin from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the Secret into the designated fields. Confirm your entries by clicking "Create".
Important: When using subaccounts, a separate Blockpit depot must be created for each subaccount. You can obtain the necessary subaccount API key as follows:
Which data can be imported via KuCoin API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify products that have not yet been implemented and either add them to your Depot manually or via a CSV export:
Trades prior to 02/18/2019 are not available via API and must be imported manually or via CSV template.
Crypto Deposits & Withdrawals (Internal transfers to futures- and/or subaccounts [except automatically generated trading bot subaccounts] are currently imported as unlinked deposits and withdrawals. These can be linked manually by creating a KuCoin futures account or a subaccount.)
Fiat Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Leveraged Token Trades
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.Futures Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee and Funding)
Trading Bot Transactions (Trades not available via API on exchange side - Deposits and withdrawals to and from trading bot subaccount will be imported - you can link these into an Unsynced Depot and manually create trades in and out of Generic Tokens to complete your history)
FIAT Deposits (not available via API on exchange side)
Converts (not available via API on exchange side; e.g., Trade Fiat to USDT)
Earn: Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Lending, Airdrops, Hardforks) (not distinctively available via API on exchange side)
NFTs (not available via API on exchange side)
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are not displayed or are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.