- Log in to your Bitstamp account.
- Click on the Profile Icon in the upper-right corner and select Settings.
- Now select API access on the left and press the green button New API Key.
- Create a new key and select only the Account balance and User transactions permissions and activate the key.
(You may need to enter the 2FA code to create the API key).
- To import your data, you must first create a Depot in the Blockpit Web App.
To do so, click the top menu item on Create New and select Add Depot.
- Activate the generated key and enter the Key, the Secret and your Customer ID (displayed under account) into your Blockpit Bitstamp Depot.
Which data can be imported via Bitstamp API?
Your complete transaction history always serves as the basis for your tax report. Preferably, automatic API solutions are used to import your transactions. Our team is committed to implementing all API data provided by your exchange for you.
Using the following list, you can identify all products that are implemented:
Deposits & Withdrawals (Inconsistencies in transfers from main to subaccount)
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
In case of missing transactions, you can identify them in the history of your exchange and help our support team via ticket to include them in our import spectrum.Deposits & Withdrawals (missing transfers from main to subaccount - subaccount transactions are already fully imported. Matching linkable countertransactions have to be created manually in the mainaccount / depot).
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
- Asset Balance Display:
Complete import scope
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are not displayed or are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.