How do I get my Bitfinex API key?
- Log in to your Bitfinex Account.
- Click on your profile in the upper-right corner and then select API Keys and create a new Key.
- Now grant the API key permissions as shown in the picture:
"Get account fee information", "Get historical balances entries and trade information", "Get orders and statuses", "Get position and margin info" and "Get wallet balances and addresses".
- Then assign a name for your API key. Name it and confirm with Generate API key.
- Your API key and secret now appear.
Important: your secret is now displayed only once and can therefore only be copied for a short time.
- To insert your data, you must first create an Integration in the Blockpit Web App. Click on Add in the upper navigation and select Add Integration.
- Select Bitfinex from the list of exchanges, and then copy the API key and the secret into the fields provided. Confirm your input with Create.
What data can be imported via Bitfinex API key?
The basis of your tax report is always your complete transaction history. Optimal for the import are automatic API solutions. We are continuously updating our import spectrum.
Below, you can find the implemented products:
Deposits & Withdrawals
Spot Market Trades
Futures Trades PnL (Profit, Loss, Fee, Funding)
Earning Rewards & Distributions (Staking, Bounties, Airdrops, Hardforks)
If there are still missing transactions, you can track them down in the history of your exchange and help our support team via Ticket to add them to our import spectrum.
Funding (Lending & Borrowing)
If an import of your transactions via API is not available on exchange side, you can also add these transactions manually or by migrating your CSV data into our Excel template.
Asset balance display:
Please note the information about how the asset balance is calculated in this article.
If balances are displayed incorrectly, you can help our support team via Ticket to add them to our API import scope.
Here you can find instructions on how to create an API-Integration at Blockpit.